Alhambra and Generalife
Alhambra and Rodriguez Acosta Foundation Combined Tour
1. Present original ID or passport at the entrances.
2. All minors must have a ticket (regardless of whether it is free)
3. Punctuality in the access to the Nasrid Palaces (Mexuar, Comares and Patio de los Leones)
- Alhambra: Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces and Generalife, on the day and at the time indicated on the ticket. Space of the month only if it appears on the itinerary of this type of ticket.
- The Foundation: The visit consists of a walk through the 5 levels of the building-studio and its gardens, designed by painter José María Rodríguez-Acosta at the start of the 20th century, where the vision and ideas of the artist and the Carmen of the Foundation and its annexes are explained in detail to visitors. The visit is organised every 30 minutes and in groups of no more than 25 people.
On the hill where the Alhambra is located, a few metres from it, the Carmen of the Rodríguez-Acosta Foundation is located, one of the most unique buildings of its type in Spain. Built in the first decades of the 20 century, it was declared a National Monument in 1982. The place was the studio of prestigious painter José María Rodríguez-Acosta and contains a unique set of gardens and large collection of pieces, from ancient to modernist art, in an amazing journey through the building, including underground caves and galleries.
The full duration of the visit is around 4 hours and 30 minutes (3 hours for the monument, 1 hour and 20 minutes for the Carmen of the Foundation, 15 minutes’ walk between both areas if they are visited on the same day), and we therefore advise that you plan the visit and combine the areas appropriately to enjoy them. You can visit the Foundation on the same day as appears on the ticket or on the day following this date.
Enjoy the recommended tour for your visit